I’ve been meaning to write this post for about a week but my client’s silly “Go-Live” took priority. On that front I’m happy to report that their Unica Campaign 6 to 8 upgrade is up, running and was accomplished without any major incidents…yay!
I thought Unica’s MIS this year in Boston (MIS2011) was a great event. Aside from being an IBM coming out party, there was a lot of valuable information being floated around. Here are a few snippets of what I took away.
- IBM is committed to growing Unica – in the short time they’ve owned Unica they have already added 150 new people…and I felt like I met 149 of them!
- Net Insight and Coremetrics are coming out with a joint SaaS offering later this summer.
- There are a lot of people looking to expand their Unica suite holdings. The two most common modules I heard mentioned were Unica Optimize and Unica Marketing Operations.
- Implementing Unica Marketing Operations is not a technology project, it’s not a marketing project, it’s a user adoption project – Tom Woods (United Airlines )
- Talent acquisition is less about a person’s talent, and more about finding smart people who have the ability to change and adapt – Mark Jeffries (Conference MC)
- “Click-through” is a dead metric as the number is extremely low – Dan Demichele (IBM)
- At the conference’s final round table it was said to the audience that IBM is going to keep the Coremetrics and Unica brand names.
I’d love to hear what other people took away…